Single Mothers Outreach volunteers are inviting the community to check out their discount store and efforts to help families for the holidays.
The Closet on Main, which supports Single Mothers Outreach, is a discount clothing shop on Main Street in downtown Newhall that offers designer labels and used clothing at discounted prices. The proceeds supporting the nonprofit that “empowers single parents and their children providing hope, support and resources so families can become self-sustaining and thrive,” according to the SMO website.
The holiday season can be stressful for single parents, and Single Mothers Outreach is there to support our families all year round, officials said Monday.
Working with partners such as Princess Cruises to ensure families have support during the holidays, Single Mothers Outreach hosts events such as adopt a family, where Princess Cruises staff go shopping for our families and the Junior Chamber of Commerce, which take some of SMO’s clients ice skating and provide holiday gifts to children and teenagers, too, as well as a visit from Santa Claus.
The organization is dependent on the kindness of sponsors, donors and volunteers, SMO officials said in a news release.
This past week, Single Mothers Outreach is grateful for the following support from the community:
- A retired police officer visited the office and donated $1,500.
- We received a great donation from World Vision on Thursday including beautiful toys and supplies for our families.
- Tamar House from Team House Real Estate produced a nice short video to promote Closet on Main and became a sponsor for our signature Empowering Hearts Gala.
- New Life Assembly of God hosted a Thanksgiving free lunch today for 100 of our members. Everyone was pleased with such a fantastic event.
- Saturday’s tree lighting in Newhall saw hundreds of people visit our popular Closet on Main store and we had a record sales day.
During the holidays, SMO see many kindhearted individuals and organizations wanting to help our families and we are tremendously grateful for their support. At this time we kindly ask for the following as these will be most beneficial for our families:
- Gift Cards to supermarkets and gas cards
- Nonperishable food items
.As we move into 2017, we are looking forward to our 2017 Empowering HeArts Gala on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Savia Community Center.
The Gala showcases the honorees and her artist and the artwork is shown to the public for the first time.
SCV officials, families, friends and the greater SCV community are invited to view the art and read the stories of each of the honorees and learn the Grand Prize and People’s Choice Award winners.
As see on KHTS website, http://bit.ly/2gxPPU7.
Store Hours are Monday – Saturday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Located at: 24335 Main Street, Santa Clarita, California 91321
Phone: (661) 288-0100
Be sure to visit our Facebook page for all the latest Closet on Main news.